Join us for Columbia's best community yard sale, The Big Flea!
In 2002, the Earlewood neighborhood had its first yard sale to benefit the neighborhood association. The popular yard sale morphed into the Big Flea.
This year's Big Flea will take place on Saturday, April 7,2018.
There are three ways to participate as a seller at The Big Flea this year:
- ECCO Members (as of January 2017) -- $30 fee
- ECCO Non-Members, Earlewood Residents -- $40 fee, includes one-year membership in ECCO
- Non-Earlewood Residents -- $30 fee
Sorry! Registration has closed. You can still come shop on April 7, 2018!!
As a seller, you keep all of your profits! The registration fee goes towards the expenses of the Big Flea and to help the association, which works on safety and security, entrance bed beautification, Thanksgiving and Holiday parties, Porch Parties and other projects that make Earlewood an attractive place to live.
Here’s what ECCO will do:
- Purchase the Garage Sale licenses from the City of Columbia for each participant. The City of Columbia charges $5.50 for a Garage Sale License. ECCO will pick up and pay for the license for every registered participant and then we will deliver your license to you along with signs and balloons and maps. FYI — the fine for holding a garage sale without a license is $25 and City Inspectors will be in the neighborhood checkingon licenses the day of the Big Flea.
- Purchase and place Banners and Signs advertising the Big Flea throughout downtown Columbia
- Paid advertisement in The State and Free Times
- Advertise and promote the Big Flea on Facebook, Twitter, Craig’s List and all the garage sale web sites.
If you would like to donate items to ECCO for the Earlewood Table, please contact membership@Earlewood.org. Arrangements will be made to pick up the donated items, or you can drop them off at Earlewood Baptist Church on Friday afternoon, April 6..